The revival of Pakistani Cinema is perhaps the biggest achievement of Pakistani Showbiz in recent years. Looking back from late 80’s to early 2000 Pakistani Film Industry went into slump following the death of Waheed Murad in 1983. Mid 90’s regained some audience attention but till then it was Bollywood all over the place.
The release of Film Khuda Kay Liye in 2007 and BOL in 2011 ushered the wave for revival of this Industry. Then Films like Waar, NaMaloom Afraad, Jawani Phir Nahi Aani, Bin Roye and Wrong Number led the phrase “Revival of Pakistani Cinema”. Young Bloods certainly played a spirited role in rejuvenating our film industry. Though Audience are finally preferring Pakistani Films as it continue to infiltrate Cinema but still our film producers need to decipher Cinematography. There is still room available for upgrading and development.
Despite sheer amount of talent available, Pakistan Music Industry is now in complete disarray but it is wrong to state that no efforts are being made to revive Music Industry of Pakistan. The Revival of Pakistani Film Industry allowed our singers to contribute their skills to our own industry. In other words I am forecasting that Pakistan film Industry will give a helping hand to Pakistan Music Industry to clinch back again towards success and will force our audience to give priority to our own music.
Here I would like to introduce you to some best movie songs of 2016, hence the list as follows:
10. Dobara Phir Se Title Track by Hania Aslam and Ali Hamza (Dobara Phir Se): Typical Hania Aslam Style! This song might cheer you up and completely change your mood. So if you really want to listen to some different Genre of Music then Dobara Phir Se Title Track is a must go song. A perfect song if you are planning for a road trip. Dobara Phir se Movie is currently in Cinemas receiving mix reviews from audience.
9. Bachaana by Benny Dayal (Bachaana): Bachaana film received mix reviews from critics. One should agree that film camera work is absolutely different from typical Pakistani film. It grossed over RS10crore on box office collections. The movie do not offer many songs but its title song surely deserves to be in top ten list as it contains much groove and dynamism so that you can fall easily in affection with it. Great Music Composition and nicely sung by Benny Dayal.
8. Befikriyan by Aima Baig (Lahore se Aagey): It’s quite difficult for new entrant to mark his/her place when there is already so much talent available in music industry. With the ability to sing differently Aima Baig showcased her skills successfully when she finally got a chance to sing three tracks for film Lahore se Aagey. Befikriyan song is absolutely energetic and extremely well sung by Aima.
7. Tutya Tara by Adnan (Zindagi Kitni Haseen Hai): Lead singer of Soch band and official shareholder of popular song “Awari” Adnan Dhool is also marking his spot in music industry. Due to Adnan’s brilliant vocals and perfect composition the song deserves a place in top ten list of best movie songs of 2016.
6. Chulbul by Bilal Saeed and Sana Zulfiqar (Zindagi Kitni Haseen Hai): This song finally fulfilled audience demand for a cool party rap song. Lately there is a fondness among audience for party songs. This song is a sign of replacement for Bollywood party songs but I do agree that one song is not enough and we need to produce more songs like this. The film box office collection grossed over 100 million and is still on screen.
5. Qatra Qatra by Amanat Ali and Elizabeth Raji (Teri Meri Love Story): After Listening to this song all I can say that it is time to say Goodbye to Bollywood. The song is seriously music to your ears, the melody adapted in it plus soothing voice of Amanat Ali and Elizabeth mark it as the best romantic song of 2016. The film didn’t performed well on screen but its songs are worth listening.
4. Dil yeh Dancer hogaya by Atif Aslam (Actor in Law): Atif Aslam’s soul-stirring renditions always creates a magic for his fans. His blissful voice force you to fall in love with his songs. Dil Yeh Dancer Hogaya is a song with simple melody but each time you listen to it you will love it. Actor in Law Movie is currently the highest grossing film of 2016 at box office. If we keep making these types of films, we can give easily a blow-back to Bollywood Movies.
3. Kelabaaz by Aima Baig (Lahore say Aagey): Lahore say Aagey was the most anticipated movie of the year and considered as a sequence of film Karachi se Lahore. The song Kelabaaz Dil is also the hit song of 2016. Retaining a unique voice with Western tone Aima Baig finally told her critics that she is a real deal here. The song is absolutely perfect for parties and Weddings as well. The music and energy blend in this song will keep you burning this track and that’s why in my view it deserves to be on number 3 spot.
2. Janaan by Armaan Malik (Janaan): So relaxing indeed, this song gives peace to your mind. Incredibly sung by Armaan Malik, Janaan title song surely deserves to be in top 3 movie songs of 2016. The film was heavily promoted by its cast and producers and it also did financially well on Big Screen grossing over Rs300 million.
1. Lar Gaiyan by Zarish Hafeez and Shiraz Uppal (Dobara Phir Se): This is absolutely a perfect song to be played in Weddings. I am glad that Industry is building a Portfolio of Wedding Songs. Last year there were two Wedding songs “Ballay Ballay” from film Bin Roye and “Shakar Wandaan” from film Ho Mann Jahan. Our Weddings are mostly covered by Bollywood songs but hopefully we will see a change in future and audience our music on Weddings. This Song deserves number 1 spot in my List as it is perfectly tuned for soaring Nuptial fever.
The bread winner for singers is their vocals, our music industry is struggling because our singers aren’t getting any permanent platform to earn some handsome bucks. The rise of Film Industry can only be a perfect platform for our singers to earn decent amount of money and to exhibit their talent. Our nation is heavily indulge in Bollywood songs and we need to start giving priority to our own music ASAP.
So what are your favourite Movie songs of 2016? Feel free to add the list!