Lately most of us have discussed about the negativities that are being shown in our dramas & almost all the viewers condemn it, but it’s been a while that we’ve spoken about the positivity & those qualities that make us all fall in love with our dramas. It’s my little effort to recollect the memories & the positive feelings that we have about our dramas & what are exactly those things that make us end up being such a die heart fan of our Pakistani dramas.
I believe taking names of certain dramas would confine the main reason of this article because no matter what it’s an undoubted fact that Pakistani Drama Industry has produced thousands of dramas that are beyond perfection, so mentioning a certain drama wouldn’t help as we’d definitely be leaving a lot of dramas unnoticed plus I am talking about our dramas as a whole because if one drama has a good story the other has good dialogues, so let’s talk about our dramas in general.
1. The very first thing that I feel has always been a pillar in the popularity of Pakistani Dramas is a “SCRIPT”. All this while whenever we talk about even the olden golden dramas of Pakistan or even the new ones I feel those dramas always get a special attention of the viewers because of a good script. Everyone demands a perfect script & those dramas especially who have a good storyline/script no doubt end up being the favourite of the viewers.
2. Second in my list would be the “RELATE-ABLE CHARACTERS”. I feel this is another beauty of our Pakistani dramas especially that we always see the characters which are relate-able & quite original. We don’t have to see the lead actors in over-done make ups & top-notch wardrobes but it’s the originality and simplicity that does wonders & we end up liking any drama because I feel characters play another important role in making a drama connect to the viewers.
3. Third in my list would be “THE DIALOGUES . We have seen so many dramas over the years whose dialogues have always been appreciated because that’s the beauty of our mother tongue Urdu. We definitely haven’t seen hardcore Urdu being used in any of our dramas but it’s the simplicity & the easiness of conveying a certain message that gets clicked to the audience. Even at times such heavy feelings are conveyed with so much ease & smoothness which actually shows the versatility of our language.
4. Fourth in my list would be “THE REALITY” that our dramas are popular in getting across to the viewers. Any good drama that we see is always based on the reality & if not, it’s closer to reality as well. But I feel any drama that gets hit is definitely the one which the viewers see as real & not superficial because while watching a drama viewers tend to get so involved & at times feel pretty much in relation to a certain drama which I feel also plays an important part in the success.
5. Fifth & the last in my list would be “THE CAST”. The viewers are obviously keen to see their favourite actors perform on-screen & I feel that is also another reason of a success of any serial. A good cast definitely plays a vital role. The cast can also be referred to as a a good actor. The responsibility to project the beauty of any character lies solely on how the actors acts it out. If an actor can not act a certain character, he/she ends up spoiling the whole thing related to that particular character & I feel Pakistan has numerous great actors both males & females who have done & have been doing justice to the characters they are assigned with.
So, these are the factors in my list which I feel are the backbone of our dramas getting successful all these years. I hope I was able to point out the major aspects that make our dramas famous. If you all have any other suggestions that you feel play a part towards the success of our dramas, please feel free to share it with us because it’s been a while that we haven’t discussed about the positives & the good things about our dramas. I’d be looking forward to your comments. :)